- Model:XE Falcon GL
1982 Ford Falcon XE GL 5.8 litre ex VICPOL police pursuit car.
A special order from Ford for the then Chief Commissioner of Victoria Police, Mick Miller AO LVO QPM, as his official police vehicle.
It featured full police pursuit car specifications plus a few added luxury items.
Finished in one-off R.S.L. (Returned & Services League) Dark Blue, with Caribbean Blue cloth trim.
When in service it was not fitted with the under-bumper additional lights and the front guard 5.8 badges that it now wears.
It is a matching numbers car with its original engine and transmission.
When in police service it wore Victorian registration plates BPU 600.
Being thirty six years old the car now requires some love and refurbishment to bring it back to its original condition.
A Ford verification letter confirms it left the factory with the listed options.
- T351 (5.8L) V8 Engine
- B Automatic transmission, 3 speed floor shift
- EY012 R.S.L. Dark Blue paint
- E Caribbean Blue cloth trim
- 03 Seatbelts (mandatory)
- 06 Power steering
- 11 Tinted band laminated windscreen
- 27 4 Wheel power disc brakes with LSD
- 36 Police kit
- 40 Integrated air conditioning
- 50 ER70H14 6-ply tyres
- 73 AM/FM stereo cassette player
- 3615 (Dealership #) City Ford, Melbourne
- Built 16/11/1982