- Model:Brock Fairlane
Did you hear the story about Allan Moffat racing Group A Commodores and Peter Brock building special Falcons while Holden enlisted a Scotsman to do Brock’s job?
For a while there in the late-1980s and early-’90s, the local muscle car world turned upside down, with old allegiances meaning very little when it came to survival in a world no longer driven by V8 engines and motorsport.
But the most amazing chapter of this time is one that few people know about: the period when Peter Brock turned his back on Holden and started building special Fords featuring the EA Falcon’s powerful new multi-point overhead camshaft six.
- Two tone paint scheme
- Between 164 and 167 kW (220 - 225 bhp), up from 138 kW standard
- Porting and polishing the head
- Increasing the standard compression ratio and fitting an extractor exhaust system.
- Exhaust system allows a freer flow of exhaust.
- Two groups of pipes, the front 3 and the rear 3 blending into two tailpipes.
- Both catalytic converters are mounted closer to the engine allowing them to heat up more quickly on initial start up, improving
- Stainless steel heat shield to protect wiring and hoses from the greater heat generated from the extractors.
- Self levelling rear suspension replaced with a re-rated shock absorber system developed by Monroe Wylie together with recalibrat
- Monroe Wylie Shock Absorber System (GTi) acts like a variable rate setup - stiffening at high speeds and softening again at low
- Standard ice cube tray and grill painted black
- Brock wheels with colour keyed centre pieces that blend with the bumpers.
- 16 inch wheels with a 7 inch rim width, mated with low profile Bridgestone RE71 tyres in 225/50 X 16 size, Z-rated to 240km/h
- Leather bound sports steering wheel, contoured front sports seats, all new interior trim with previously unused designer fabric.
- The competition Fairlane also included a Mitsubishi Electric car phone with hands free and port-a-pak operation, state of the ar
- Finally, the competition vehicle was protected with a Cobra sonic car alarm.